To Inherit Or Not To Inherit? That Is The Question
- Nicholas Woolf
This article has been published in the Winter 2015-2016 edition of Solo - the journal of the Sole Practitioners Group.
The EU Succession Regulation (EU/650/2012) (“the Regulation”) came into force on 17th August 2015. The purpose of the Regulation is to harmonise the way in which member States resolve conflict of laws issues when dealing with succession and inheritance matters. The Regulation will apply to Estates where the deceased died on or after 17th August 2015. Although the UK has opted out of the Regulation, it is still vitally important that practitioners and clients alike have regard to it when dealing with an Estate where a person has connections with a country governed by the Regulation. It also hints at a change in the way that habitual residence is to be rationalised.
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) 4 Essential Issues For All Businesses And Some Individuals
- Inspection of a Company's Members' Register for a Proper Purpose
- Nicholas Woolf's Visit to Malaysia
- Law Society Bellwether Report
- See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil
- The Privilege of Absurdity
- Brexit Means Breakfast
- Magazine: April 2018 - July 2018
- Broke But Not Bankrupt
- It's Not Fair